Lockdown is tough on everyone’s mental health so it is important to look out for one another during this difficult time. (including your own)
Times like these test us on whether we will make or break… Which one do you want to be?
At Collabrium we are cheering on small businesses from home and although we can’t be there in person with you, we can give company saving tips!
First things first, your priority should always be the safety of you, your employees and your customers.
What that means is looking after;
Wellbeing of staff and customers
- Evict people who are unwell from the premises.
- Provide staff with training on COVID-19: masks, social distancing, when to get tested and cleaning.
- Display conditions of entry- stay away if unwell.
- One person per 2 square metres of space in the premises.
- Support 1.5m physical distancing.
- Avoid congestion of people in specific areas.
- Strategies in place to manage gatherings that may occur outside.
Hygiene and cleaning
- Have hand sanitiser at key points around the venue.
- Ensure bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and paper towels or hand dryers.
- Clean frequently touched areas and surfaces several times per day with disinfectant.
- In indoor areas, increase natural and mechanical ventilation.
- Keep a record of name, contact number and entry time for all staff, customers and contractors for a period of at least 28 days.
- Electronic check-in systems, such as QR codes, should be clearly visible and accessible including at entrances to the premises.
- Records must be provided as soon as possible, but within 4 hours, upon request from an authorised officer.
- Any paper records must be entered into an electronic format such as a spreadsheet within 12 hours.
2. Remote Work During Lockdown
- Consider transitioning- work is still possible for most businesses through remote work, utilise this opportunity!
- Make investments- since you are now working remotely, it’s important to invest to improve this shift.
- Improve your website– now that your clients are coming mainly to your website, its important you employ an experienced company (like Collabrium) to make your business irresistible to buy from!
- Become Adaptable- because you are now working remotely, it is easier to become adaptable no matter how many lockdowns we go through (fingers crossed no more extensions)
Our client West Juliett is an amazing example of how to succeed during the lockdown, working with Collabrium to create their very own ordering system!
Want to Succeed during Lockdown?
Collabrium can help boost your business 🙂
3. Improve Business During Lockdown
- Social Media Marketing- it is important to priotise investing in media advertising due to being able to profit from the rise in shopping on their socials.
- Interact with your customers- via email, phone, or social media.
- Prepare your business post COVID-19- improve your skills and knowledge.
- Create visual content- imagery is important to a, get their attention and b, be memorable.
- Experiment with Advertising & Promotions- stand out against the crowd.
4. Client Focus Change
- Although lockdown is a difficult time for all, make sure your customers know you care about them.
- Consider who your profitable customers are, or could be.
- Listen to your customers as their preferences may have changed.
- Make it easy for them to do business with you- otherwise you will lose potential clients.
5. Importance of Networking
- Strengthen your professional/business network- importance of connections in the business world.
- Collaborate- now that you have these networks you can partner together.
- Social Media Networking- message brands on social media to create connections.
- Spy on your competition- as they say keep your friends close and your enemies closer. 😉 (and then you can find out their weaknesses muhahaha)
Lockdown Won’t be Forever
However, the effect on shopping will, prepare for the future with Collabrium.
We’ll get through this together, stay safe out there!